Yours Dramatically

This blog is an attempt at e(asy?)publishing by a very serious comedy writer. Hope my attempts do not end up in tragedy. I hope to make 'hill'arious attempts so that I get trained to climb comedy mountains. Believe me, it is certainly not made out of mole hills!!! Now, read on, with a smile :-) for original, agmark, ISI, ISO 9001,2,3,4 comedy stuff!!!


Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Un(der)cover

MURTHY

I would like to introduce myself as Sathyamurthy’s Baliya Snehidan T A Sriram..…My sympathies always lie with this poor soul because not many people can be a close friend of mine for nearly three decades and yet say life has been good to them. Thanks to Cheran…many of us have developed an openness while talking about of childhood pranks and the joy of growing up as friends. Taking a leaf out of Cheran, I would like to talk about the formative days of our friendship.

All good things in life start with a disguise of misfortune. I was sad for having been forced to take up Commerce group in +2 . Little did I realize then that I would be spending the best part of my life over the next two years notwithstanding the fact that I would rub shoulders with the then Kaddi Mannan Sathyamurthy..

It was the late seventies when Sridevi was the heart throb of Tamil cinemas… and now with Asin and Jyotika taking over we can say our friendship is not only time tested but also heroine tested…We can even title this blog as as “Sridevi mudhal Asin varai”. But I am not sure whether Murthy’s wife is aware.. that he has always had a soft corner for voluptuous heroines.. You may have guessed that his favourite heroine now is Nayandara…

Like Tamil Cinemas our friend ship started with a Hate Love relationship… The cause of our differences were very musical… The vexed but hot topic of the 70’s- MSV vs Illayaraja ensured that we were always on the opposition benches. I happened to fall in love with the melodies of Annakili and 16 vayadinilla.. but Murthy had turned a deaf ear and was still loyal to the enchanting music of Melisai mannar.

It is really true that opposites poles attract. I and Murthy always begged to differ in many things. say. Gavaskar vs Vishy.. Venkat vs Prassana… Kamal vs Rajni.. and so on.. The only thing we concurred was that our Advanced English Teacher Prassana Madhavan was the funniest creature that we have ever encountered in our little lives… The bespectacled English Teacher never realized in spite of some of our knotty giggles that his pant’s zib always raises its altitude to only 60% of its of its maximum capabilities..

Murthy always knew his limits and he had to restrain himself in arguments with me as I was the Cricket captain during our break sessions and Murthy’s ambition was to play at least a solitary match in our muddy grounds …

Murthy is never short of plans and shortcuts. One day he walked towards us with a shiny new bat… He was upbeat and thrilled and was confident that he would be make his dream debut at last .. But it turned out to be otherwise.. as we had no hesitation in taking his bat with the condition that Murthy took care of the score book. This was because we strongly felt that was the only way he could score runs.. While his new bat was doing the talking.. a depressed Murthy sat speechless.. But the story is not all sad.. as later Murthy never brought his bat but still managed to get in to the team… (he learnt my weakness for Panneer soda ).

All good things have come to an end .. and we humans don’t understand the significance of precious things unless we lose them…Thank god. I and Murthy still haven’t lost of will to argue with each other…

Only the topics have changed to Sachin vs Ganguly or Vijay vs Vikram.. To win over me, he’s still uses the bribing trick on me . Panneer Soda has given place to an offer to publish my blogs.

I always wonder why Murthy has always taken opposite sides to me… Now I know the answer.. I am not in touch with my school friends who were in on my side and who concurred with me. But this old man (even on this he will have a difference of opinion) is still there with me .. .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home